Friday, January 28, 2011

Who Are You?

What’s going on behind you hazel eyes? What are you feeling way down deep inside? Is it how you let on or is it something else? Do you put on a show or are you being yourself? Are you wearing a mask or an authentic face? Do you display the truth or façade in its place? I get so tired of playing your little game. I can look at you twice, but you’re never the same. I’m not even sure that what I see is true. I don’t think I’d recognize a genuine you. I look in your eyes and see a life that is lost. I need to find answers despite any cost. You’re only one person, but you play so many parts. Yet not even the greatest obtains multiple hearts. So quit forging emotions. Set forth one single soul. If you stay in small pieces, you’ll never be whole. Pull yourself together and maybe you’ll find. The truth that you know is a lie of your mind. I’m not giving up until I’m satisfied despite uncertainty and all the tears cried. No matter how long I must gaze in the mirror, I won’t stop wondering until everything’s clear. I’ll know what’s going on behind these hazel eyes and be sure what I’m feeling way down deep inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment