Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dream

Please, don’t take away my dream
I know that it may seem
like it’s not very much at all
but it’s all that’s left of me
So please, don’t take away my song
I’ll sing it all day long
and hold on to the words as truth
even if I’m wrong

I know there will be a brighter tomorrow
that will transcend my current sorrow
The sun is shining just over the horizon
I have to believe it
And if I’m able to look back someday
and regret my choices made along the way
I’ll be able to see beyond my guilt and shame
At least that’s what I pray

But my faith will have to be enough for now
to find a way to awaken from this dream somehow
And to keep me depending on the promise of love
for the ever-illusive life I’m dreaming of
But it’s all I have right now
So don’t take my dream away

No comments:

Post a Comment