Sunday, June 26, 2011

You Sent Me Here

I’m a wicked, faithless servant.
I buried the talent you gave me in the ground.
I’d dig it up and admire it only when I knew
there was no one else around.
I was so afraid. I didn’t know what else to do.
But that’s not the reason you sent me here
To run away out of guilt and fear
You invested in me so I could invest in others too
So show me what to do
I took the talent on my own behalf,
showed it to others and they just laughed.
They thought it was worthless or counterfeit.
No one thought very much of it.
I was dejected. I felt hopeless and rejected.
I’d thought I was strong, so I figured I was wrong.
But that’s not the reason you sent me here
To run away out of shame and fear
You invested in me so I could invest in others too
So show me what to do
Every time I try, for some reason I fall flat.
I’m not sure why, but I’m not real keen on that.
If my gifts are not just for myself,
then use them to bless somebody else
Because that’s not the reason you sent me here
To hang my head in failure and fear
You created me to invest in others too
So show me what I’m to do
I don’t know the ways I’m to circumvent,
but I don’t want to be a wicked, faithless servant
Teach me each day how to follow after You,
and show me what I’m to do
That’s the reason You sent me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment