Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'd Rather

I’d rather be in heaven with You than here on earth
But you knew every breath I’d take before the moment of my birth
So while I’m here I’ll stay in you, and I’ll willingly serve
The hope of my salvation is where my joy is found
It’s not in worldly things, what circumstance may come around

You have a special plan for me
Take my heart, use my life completely
For You alone contain the power
You shine a light into my darkest hour

For you sent me here to shine
To bring You glory, honor and praise
To do Your will and not mine
When I’m following all of Your ways

I want only to love You more
And to show others the way to the Lord

I have no greater desire than Your love
And Your holy calling is all I’m dreaming of
Life gets so exciting when I anticipate
The goodness You will show to me
Every day as I learn how to wait

You’ve given me the greatest gift
To practice Your selflessness
By placing me right where I am
To call attention to Your perfect Lamb

Still, I’d rather be in heaven with You than here on earth
But you knew every breath I’d take before the moment of my birth

No comments:

Post a Comment