Thursday, March 22, 2012

Never Alone

My heart wants to do what You tell me to
But I’m so afraid because I feel alone
An unmarked trail leaves me unsure
You lead me somewhere I’ve never gone
My heart races within, outside I’m shaking
It doesn’t make sense or compute in my mind
Experience says nothing will happen
There’s nowhere to go and nothing to find
But still I press on searching for something
I’ve never seen, and I’ve never known
Only believe, You keep reassuring
You have a place for me to call home
Others may mock and tell me I’m crazy
Say that I’m wrong and falling behind
They don’t see what I hear or taste what I’m feeling
They’re all a mess, the blind leading the blind
I confess my doubt and seek Your healing
Forgive where I’ve failed, strengthen where I’ve grown
Remind me of faith, restore my conviction
There’s nothing to fear, I’m never alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment