Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It’s Not All About Me

How quick I make it all about me
How fast I crash when I’m too blind to see
You are all I need, You always will be
You are enough, You are more than enough for me

How my heart breaks apart when I realize
I try to fill my thoughts and my will with a glorious prize
But nothing compares with You , Your holiness shines through
You are enough, You are more than enough for me

Once again I am broken
Once again You have opened my eyes
Once again I’m shown that
I’ve been chasing emptiness and lies
Once again I repent of self-seeking
Once again I admit that I’m wrong
Once again You’re gently reassuring
You’ve been carrying me all along

Still how quick I make it all about me
When it’s really not about me at all
Once again I am humbled
Once again I fall
When I’m quick to make it all about me

No comments:

Post a Comment