Thursday, December 2, 2010

Progress

I’ve heard the same words before. It’s a familiar message on a different day. I already know what’s in store. It’s only presented in a different way. So why must I listen time and again? How can these words determine what’s meant to be? It’s all the same story without an end. Will it ever change what’s within me?

I feel heartless and hopeless and helplessly lost – doomed to wander alone in the dark. I’m continually confused and left counting the cost, wondering why I keep missing the mark. So many things I don’t understand, like why I’m still falling further behind; and why I struggle to gain command of the battles I lose in my mind.

But thanks be to God in His infinite strength, even though I’m weak, tired and poor. His grace is sufficient. His mercy is great. His love has already won the war. So although they’re the same words I continue to confess, until I’m perfected, I’ll continue to progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment