Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Angel

I met you on the train, the express to Chicago. You looked my way, and I couldn’t let my eyes go. You gave up your seat for me as a gentleman would. Kissed my hand when you gave your name, a kiss never felt so good. But as luck would have it, the next stop was yours. You turned to say good-bye then slipped through the doors.

When you waved and smiled your eyes lit and sparkled. Would I ever be okay? Would I ever be the same if you never passed my way again?

Seven sweet years later and three boys with your name, my memories are just as clear, and my love is just the same. You would wait at the door for me when you left for work each day then kiss me ever tenderly before you went away. I would wait for you expectantly at a quarter to five to see your smiling face again, I felt so alive.

You bought me roses, remembered each anniversary. Would I ever be okay? Would I ever be the same if you never passed my way again?

The winter was windy with snow blowing wild. Icy intersections and darkness compiled. The stop sign wasn’t visible, the other car from out of state. Everyone blamed the weather but I knew it was fate. It only took one accident to send my angel heaven sent.

Now the train is just a lonely cry, and the doorway brings tears to my eyes. Will I ever be okay? Will I ever be the same since you’ll never pass my way again?

No comments:

Post a Comment