Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Praise


It ain’t called the sacrifice of praise for nothin’  Anything I say it’s gonna cost me somethin’
But without a delay I’m gonna take my chances, raise my hands again and just see what happens

I lift my hands, my heart, I lift up my voice, I lay my burdens down and make a joyful noise
But first I must let go of everything else, surrender my desires I’m wanting for myself
It’s sad to see my dreams slipping away; and hard to see my worldly visions fade
But You say - It ain’t called the sacrifice of praise for nothin’  Anything I say it’s gonna cost me somethin’  But without a delay I’m gonna take my chances, raise my hands again and just see what happens

My heart’s so full of tears feels like it’s gonna explode, my mind’s so full of fears it’s on overload Just wanna crawl away and curl up in the dark, run off to somewhere safe and put my life in park But You remind me I was made for a time as this, that Your strength is the greatest when I’m the most helpless And You say - It ain’t called the sacrifice of praise for nothin’  Anything I say it’s gonna cost me somethin’ But without a delay I’m gonna take my chances, raise my hands again and just see what happens

Sometimes I’m strong with a voice loud and clear, sometimes I’m weak and I’m hard to hear
Sometimes I want to stay lost in misery, Sometimes I beg for you to rescue me
But will I pay the price required to trust and obey, Or will I insist on having my own way
I would pray, but - It ain’t called the sacrifice of praise for nothin’  Anything I say it’s gonna cost me somethin’ But without a delay I’m gonna take my chances, raise my hands again and just see what happens

Whether to praise or complain is on me, be raised again or stay in my vanity. No matter what the situation I always find, the decision that needs to be made is mine.

Well - It ain’t called the sacrifice of praise for nothin’  Anything I say it’s gonna cost me somethin’ But without a delay I’m gonna take my chances, raise my hands again and just see what happens Cause it ain’t called the sacrifice of praise for nothin’

No comments:

Post a Comment