Thursday, July 12, 2012

It Ain't Over


This is not what I imagined. How can it be my fate? You said You had a plan for me, all I had to do was wait. So I tried to be patient and always did my best to stand firm under trial and withstand every test. I went through the fire and reached the other side, but the goodness of Your promise isn’t what I feel inside.
Is this the end? What I fought for? Is this the only thing I gain from all the years I spent at war? Is this the point? What You have for me? Is this the grace Your Word says You extend to those who are in need? If this is Your idea of what it means to be at home, then I guess maybe I’m better off alone.
My dearest child, do not despair. For you have yet to see what’s coming or where you’re going from here. I have a plan, this much is true. You can’t begin to imagine all I have stored up for you. So be strong and take courage, you’re gonna need it for the journey, it’s a treacherous voyage. But You’ll be fine. I know what’s best. Just take one step at a time, and I will do the rest.
It’s not the end. Not even close. I’m still preparing the way for you the way you need it most. That’s not the point. The way you feel. The temporary trappings of this world are not even what’s real.  Here is my grace. Here is my love. I’m living deep within you not somewhere out there above. Just take my hand, and see my heart. Today is not your grand fulfillment; this is only where you start. It ain’t over ‘til it’s over. On that you can depend. This is the beginning, not the end. It ain’t over ‘til it’s over. On that you can depend. This is just the beginning, not the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment