Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Living Sacrifice


I didn’t get what I wanted. It may not ever be. 
My heart’s deepest desire, I might never see. 
Will I still be grateful? Will I humbly serve 
If there’s no way I’ll ever take what I think I deserve? 
Is my true love conditional? Are there stipulations which must be met 
Before I’ll give my all? Is my free gift to be withheld? 
Are there strings attached to my offering? Will I pretend that I can’t tell? 
I may not know how or who or what or when or why or wherefore but 
You request a living sacrifice upon the alter of my life. 
You didn’t meet my expectations or fulfill my perceived vow. 
I’ve been disappointed. So what will I do now? 
Will I stay committed? Will I run away? 
If I’m consumed by these concerns, am I wasting today? 
Is my whole world coming undone? 
Am I too lost in my own thinking for ever helping anyone? 
Is my intent not good enough? 
Are the promises I thought you made referring to other stuff? 
I may not know how or who or what or when or why or wherefore but 
You request a living sacrifice upon the alter of my life. 
All the excuses I can make cannot replace the path I take. 
The choice will always rest with me, and I decide extensively 
To be a living sacrifice upon the alter of my life. 
So what if I didn’t get what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment