Monday, January 28, 2013

My Picture


I have a picture of you on my wall
My beautiful Daughter, I love you above all
The one perfect thing I’ve ever done in my life
Was to bring you into the world to be a new light

And to see you smiling fills my heart with joy
There’s a pride swelling within me, nothing can destroy
All I ever want more than any other prize
Is to see your love ignite and shine in your eyes

I know you’ll make mistakes and take a few wrong turns
Get lost a time or two, but that’s how you learn
And I’ll still be here, any time you’re in need
The call of my life is to help you succeed

Every time you fall, my heart is filled with tears
But I’ll help you get strong again, there’s no need to fear
All I ever need more than anything by far
Is for you to believe and know just how loved you are

Makes me want to cry, when I see my love in you
Reflected in all the things that you do
And if I love my child, though I’m weak and small
How much more is God’s love for me
My picture’s hanging on His wall

No comments:

Post a Comment