Thursday, September 20, 2012

Short-sighted


I can’t see You for looking, my vision is so short-sighted
Forgive me for returning, to the place where I first decided to seek You

I should be so much further by now, but it’s hard to improve while circling around
From here to there seems like a straight line, if I kept going forward I’d be doing fine
But I can’t see You for looking, my vision is so short-sighted
Forgive me for returning, to the place where I first decided
To seek You, with my whole heart

I want to do what You have for me, but I’m frightened by the possibility
Of losing my way, of falling behind, of beginning again from where I started last time
For I can’t see You for looking, my vision is so short-sighted
Forgive me for returning, to the place where I first decided
To seek You, with my whole heart, I come right back to, the place where I start

And how do I move on from here, and leave behind the familiar
How do I stretch and learn and grow, if I won’t reach beyond what I know
When I can’t see You for looking, my vision is so short-sighted
Forgive me for returning, to the place where I first decided
To seek You, with my whole heart, I run back to, the place where I start
When I can’t see You, for looking, my vision is so short-sighted

No comments:

Post a Comment