Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Good-bye


I used to lie awake at night just to watch you sleeping. I’d count each minute of every hour until our next meeting. And you would hold me and whisper you loved me, then you’d kiss me good-night. And I never thought we’d ever say good-bye.

Now I lie awake at night unable to sleep alone, and I count every minute of each endless hour as I try to get by on my own. And I remember all the loving words you’d speak to me as I turned out the light and how I never thought we’d ever say good-bye.
                                                                                                                             
So this is how it feels to be broken, for my whole world to be shattered apart. This is how it feels to be empty and holding onto what’s left of my heart. This is how it feels to be lost and alone with all of my dreams blown to the wind. Just when I thought my life had finally begun, it all suddenly came to an end. And now I know, now there are no tears left to cry, this is how it feels to say good-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment