Friday, June 29, 2012

The Way I See It


The way I see it, there is only one choice to make.
And I make this decision every moment of every day.
The dichotomy of life: living for goodness sake or living for myself.
It’s seen in everything I say, everything I do, and everything I don’t do.
Life and death are the bottom line, but they’re defined in other terms.
What I’ll give and what I won’t betrays my true priorities and deepest concerns.
Will I rise above daily trials by focusing on the peace inside?
Or will I let myself be overcome by looking for answers where they don’t exist?
Do I courageously face new challenges, or do I run away and try to hide?
Am I greeting others with a smile, or am I too intently focused on my to-do-list?

Where your heart is, there your treasure lies.
Where your thoughts dwell is what’s on your mind.
Are you heavy laden or is your burden light?
Are you forgiven or bound up and contrite?
We can be amicable and experience joy or insist on our own way and live in strife.
Behold! I set before you life and death. It’s my decision now to choose life.

No comments:

Post a Comment