Thursday, June 28, 2012

Nonconformist


You are common and will never understand my passion.
Go with the herd. 
Follow the opinions of those who only wish to poison you.
They nail you to the floor as you pass forth the hammers.
And you think you will progress by reflecting their madness.

I let them go. I pay them no attention.
So they hate me because they cannot control me.
And they never know what to expect.

I flow with the river.
I twist and turn and free-fall over the rocky cliffs.
You think me crazy. But I see through the veneer.
I refuse to be trapped in the aquarium when
 there is a route to the ocean.

So what if there is danger! 
I laugh in the face of oppression.
So what! Uncertainty breeds in me no fear.
It is the adventure of the unknown I seek.
It is the liberty of my bliss that consumes me.

I will not be taken by social indifference.
I will not circum to the banal status quo.

No comments:

Post a Comment