Saturday, June 16, 2012

That's Life


That’s life, that’s what you get, that’s just what happens when you live to see another day That’s life, take it or leave it, like it or not, well not everything will go your way That’s life!

My alarm went off this morning, quarter to six, and I was still half asleep when my feet hit the cold hardwood floor. I got soap in my eyes in the shower, spilt my coffee at breakfast, and got my new scarf caught in the front door.

Tried to keep my patience in rush hour traffic, attitude right out the window, and left hand pressed hard on the horn. A three hour meeting first thing at the office, nearly choked on a bagel, endured lectures of scoffing and scorn.

Left my lunch at home on the kitchen counter, tuna sandwich and crackers, and the afternoon seemed to drag on. The clock couldn’t reach 5 o’clock soon enough, only to sit in more traffic, but at least I was as good as gone.

Dinner got burnt and there was nothing good to watch on the TV, not like there ever is, I just wanted to sit and veg out anyway, so I put on an old romantic movie, nothing like reminding myself how lonely I am, it sure has been a heck of a day.

So the next time you get a flat tire, or get stuck in the rain, or have the flu on your birthday, just remember that nothing exempts you from this little thing called the human condition, and the next time you want to give up, throw up, or give in, just remember that’s life, and it’s just the world we’re living in.

No comments:

Post a Comment